2021 Selection Information coming soon
• A pre-selection Screening date will be held prior to selections. Players who are not current VNL players MUST attend the screening date. Players who have been identified through the screening process will be invited to attend selections.
• Two selection dates will be offered and players are expected to be available to attend BOTH selection dates, but MUST (at a minimum) attend at least ONE selection to be eligible.
• To be eligible for selection, a player must be a registered VNA member.
• Successful players will be asked to sign a Player Agreement which includes conditions regarding training attendance, expectations and Club requirements.
• Players will play in a minimum of two runs, one of which must be their first position preference.
• Players are to present in neutral training clothes consisting of a white shirt and dark shorts or skirt. Any insignia or material which associates the player with a particular club or association may not be worn.
• Players may be required to submit written documentation in support including references and medical certificates, and may be required to attend for interview in addition to game trials.
• An avenue will be provided to players to submit a reason for their inability to attend a selection date.
• Players will be provided with feedback, upon request, both to those selected and not selected.
• All players both successful and unsuccessful will be notified in writing.
• The selection panel shall consist of 3 selectors.
• Only members who have been present at all selections are entitled to vote on the selections.
• Selection will be on the basis of a majority vote. In the event of an odd number of panel members having a 3 way split, the Head Coach will have the deciding vote.
POST SELECTION PROCESS
• All players attending selection will be advised if they have been successful or unsuccessful in gaining a VNL position
• This process will be known as 1st round offers.
• Anyone not accepting a position must advise the Club immediately.
• Should any player not accept a position, then the selection panel will convene to decide on a replacement, otherwise known as a 2nd round offer.
• Under the Netball Victoria regulations, no player can be signed until the official re-signing period as specified by Netball Victoria VNL, however if you have been offered a position at another Club, we would appreciate the courtesy of being notified as soon as possible.
Peninsula Elite Netball (PEN) Development Teams
• Any player who does not receive a VNL offer will be encouraged to trial for the Peninsula Elite Netball (PEN) development teams, which offers a robust development program as a pathway into the VNL teams.
• All PEN Development teams play at the Waverley Netball Centre.
Vision: Peninsula Waves facilitate the development of elite netballers through the high performance pathway.
TRAINING & PLAYING VENUES
Frankston & District Netball Association
Jubilee Park, 85 Hillcrest Road,
Frankston VIC 3199
Patterson River Secondary College
Eel Race Road,
Seaford VIC 3198
State Netball & Hockey Centre
10 Brens Drive
Parkville VIC 3052
Core 24 Fitness
Frankston VIC 3199
• Players are selected in a Peninsula Waves VNL team for the complete calendar year.
• Player movement between teams may occur on the recommendation of the Head Coach and/or Coaching Panel if required.
• Players must be available and punctual for all training sessions, matches and any other specified activities.
• Players must display commitment and positive attitude to all trainings and playing sessions.
• Players must adhere to the club Code of Conduct.
• Players must wear full uniform to games, training and promotional events.
• Players must represent the Peninsula Waves netball club in a professional manner at all times, demonstrating good sportsmanship, respect for coaches, teammates, officials and other participants.
• Teams must display a united and supportive attitude.
• If, due to unavoidable circumstances you cannot attend an event, the coach must be notified at the earliest possible time.
• Players are required to train twice weekly as scheduled.
• Players are required to fulfil the fitness program as provided by the club.
Players agree to abide by the following policies:
• Peninsula Waves Player Code of Conduct.
• Netball Victoria (NV) Code of Conduct.
• NV cyber bullying policy.
Parents of players must agree to abide by the Parent’s Code of Behaviour policy.
• The allocation of player positions and court time is at the discretion of the coach.
• The player fees are reviewed annually by the Peninsula Waves Committee and must be paid by the stipulated due date. Fees are to cover the cost to employ coaching staff, competition entry, weekly court fees, umpires, equipment, first aid, training facility hire, awards.
• Fees are non-refundable.
• Payment plans are available if requested.
• The Committee has the option of restricting court time or replacing a player if these obligations are not met.
• Fees can be paid by direct credit as per the invoice details.
• Players are expected to support our sponsor partners by engaging in their business products and/or services wherever possible.
• Players must demonstrate positive advocacy towards our sponsor partners by endorsing their business.
• Players need to behave in a professional manner demonstrating an appropriate ambassador model for sponsor partners and the Peninsula Waves netball club.
All players must acquire the following uniform items:
• A-Line dress and boy leg shorts.
• Club jacket or vest
• Warm up top
• Tracksuit pants
• Club bag/backpack
• Training top
The following items are optional:
• Compression pants
• JK all weather jacket.