Peninsula Waves is one of only twelve clubs that compete in the Victorian Netball League. PEN is the Official Netball Development Program of Peninsula Waves. Our netball pathway provides our athletes with the necessary skills and knowledge required to progress into VNL Programs.
We are selecting for the following:
- VNL Championship
- VNL 23/U
- VNL Development Open
- VNL Development 19/U
*Athletes need to be 16 years or older in the playing year for all 4 of the above teams.
- PEN 19/U
- PEN 17/U x 2 Teams
- A variety of selection dates will be offered, and players are expected to be available to attend two selection dates (minimum) to be eligible.
- To be eligible for selection, a player must be a registered VNA member.
- Successful players will be asked to sign a Player Agreement which includes conditions regarding training attendance, expectations and Club requirements.
- Players will play in a minimum of two runs, one of which must be their first position preference.
- Players are to present in neutral training clothes consisting of a white shirt and dark shorts or skirt. Any insignia or material which associates the player with a particular club or association may not be worn.
- Players may be required to submit written documentation in support including references and medical certificates, and may be required to attend for interview in addition to game trials.
- An avenue will be provided to players to submit a reason for their inability to attend a selection date.
- Players will be provided with feedback, upon request, both to those selected and not selected.
- All players both successful and unsuccessful will be notified in writing.
- The selection panel shall consist of a minimum of 3 selectors.
- Only members who have been present at all selections are entitled to vote on the selections.
- Selection will be on the basis of a majority vote. In the event of an odd number of panel members having a 3 way split, the Head Coach will have the deciding vote.
POST SELECTION PROCESS
- All players attending selection will be advised if they have been successful or unsuccessful in gaining a VNL position
- This process will be known as 1st round offers.
- Anyone not accepting a position must advise the Club immediately.
- Should any player not accept a position, then the selection panel will convene to decide on a replacement, otherwise known as a 2nd round offer.
- Under the Netball Victoria regulations, no player can be signed until the official re-signing period as specified by Netball Victoria VNL, however if you have been offered a position at another Club, we would appreciate the courtesy of being notified as soon as possible.
Peninsula Elite Netball (PEN) Development Teams
- Any player who does not receive a VNL offer will be encouraged to trial for the Peninsula Elite Netball (PEN) development teams, which offers a robust development program as a pathway into the VNL teams.
- All PEN Development teams play at the Waverley Netball Centre.
Vision: Peninsula Waves facilitate the development of elite netballers through the high performance pathway.
TRAINING & PLAYING VENUES
Frankston & District Netball Association
Jubilee Park, 85 Hillcrest Road,
Frankston VIC 3199
State Netball & Hockey Centre
10 Brens Drive
Parkville VIC 3052
Core 24 Fitness
Frankston VIC 3199
- Players are selected in a Peninsula Waves VNL team for the complete calendar year.
- Player movement between teams may occur on the recommendation of the Head Coach and/or Coaching Panel if required.
- Players must be available and punctual for all training sessions, matches and any other specified activities.
- Players must display commitment and positive attitude to all trainings and playing sessions.
- Players must adhere to the club Code of Conduct.
- Players must wear full uniform to games, training and promotional events.
- Players must represent the Peninsula Waves netball club in a professional manner at all times, demonstrating good sportsmanship, respect for coaches, teammates, officials and other participants.
- Teams must display a united and supportive attitude.
- If, due to unavoidable circumstances you cannot attend an event, the coach must be notified at the earliest possible time.
All players must acquire the following uniform items:
- A-Line dress and under shorts.
- Training singlet
All other items are optional